Monday, March 11, 2024

 What Get's You Up in the Morning?



In our work with the Bethany member care team, we are talking about ways to prepare overseas workers for transitions off the field and, for some, into retirement or career changes. We recently had a visit from Jim and Cheri Levine. Jim was on our member care team until last summer when he retired. 

Jim started his mission career leading short term teams for an organization called "STEM" (Short Term Evangelical Missions) which he loved. Now, in retirement, I asked Jim "so what gets you up in the morning, these days?" His answer: worship. Jim and Cheri have been fielding more and more opportunities to lead worship at various events. They have also been updating old hymns, eliminating some of the archaic language. Jim and Cheri treated us to a time of worship as they pulled violin and guitar out of their car and into our living room. 

As we make transitions in life we need to continue to ask ourselves "What is my passion and how can it express itself in this new season of life?" Pray for us as we continue to put together communications that will help Bethany's cross cultural workers navigate the changes coming their way.

Prayer Requests: 

1. Pray for us as we continue to prepare for our trip to the Philippines. Tickets have been purchased and we continue to work on our training sessions for both the women's trainings and the counseling training we are planning for the Bethany pastors.

2. Pray for me (Steve) as I also plan to stop in Thailand and renew relationships with a number of our friends there. The men's group I was a part of there is still going and I hope to connect  with the them and a number of other contacts.

3. Pray for Alberta as she will be having a medical procedure March 28. 

 Praise - I (Steve) met with my orthopedic surgeon last Friday and he and my physical therapist 'signed off' on my recovery from surgery.  I'm back to swimming again, a big motivation to have the shoulder surgery in the first place. Thanks to all who prayed!

Serving Christ with You, Steve & Alberta 

No comments:

Post a Comment